Monday, May 29, 2017

Prayer Requests this week...

May 29, 2017

I wanted to jump on here quick to request some prayer for this week.

Tomorrow Ben will be heading in for a CT scan to see how things are doing since starting back up with chemo treatments in April. I am actually feeling confident about it, although my mind will sometimes second guess itself. I am simply asking for prayer that the chemotherapy treatments are working and killing off this cancer. Pray for Ben as he continues to go through all of this. We will share the results as soon as they become available to us.

Chemo is this Wednesday too, May 31st, Ben's 18th treatment. Another day back in the chemo room. I am starting to dislike chemo weeks. I have to mentally prepare myself to be the only active parent and to watch him suffer. Don't get me wrong, sometimes Ben surprises me and still manages to get things done around the house or be up and participate in every day life, but parenting without him is hard on me mentally and emotionally and watching him sleep all the time or walk slowly from room and room makes the reality of this whole situation more real every time. Please pray for the both of us as we continue on this road.

I am hoping by the weekend to have a bigger post to share, just right now these were two major things that I wanted to spread around. After all, we still believe in the power of prayer.


2 comments:

  1. We will definitely be continuing to pray for you,Ben and the girls... praying too it will be a "good" chemo week for Ben...and that he can enjoy some sunny warm days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    Sending love & peace to your family this week. I can only imagine how scary it is to witness Ben suffering & how much you wish you could take that pain & discomfort from him. Please try & remember that God is watching over you all, & he is with Ben & His Love is the most soothing balm, because it transcends this very mortal body, this time & place. You are not alone. And there are families all over that are praying for yours; that Ben will be granted another miracle. You *know* they're real - your daughter is walking, talking, giggling proof. In the meantime though, we pray for an end to the pain, quality time with each other, obtuse expressions of love, and the knowledge that He has all of you in the plan of His hand. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help. My email (not sure if it shows up is celtic-quest@hotmail.com. xoxo

    ReplyDelete