Sunday, February 26, 2017

February 26, 2017

Another month has quickly gone by. Can you believe it? We've had some pretty great things happen this month and I thought I would take this time to share with all of you.

When the news of Ben's diagnosis started to settle in, and God allowed Ben and I to truly believe that no matter what the outcome, everything will be okay and that God was with us, a huge weight was lifted from our shoulders. It was at this time that I prayed asking God to allow us to share our story and to use us to help others going through a difficult time. I wasn't sure what that would look like, but I was open for anything. It was shortly after that, that we were asked to speak in front of our church community, sharing our story and how we have felt God's faithfulness despite the valley we find ourselves in. I believe sharing helped Ben and I probably more than anyone. Being open and vulnerable with our community and church family was one of the best things we have been able to do on this journey so far. Ben and I soon saw the huge support system we have through our church. This is something that really means a lot to us! For those of you who are interested, here is the video of us sharing.


I also had the privilege of sharing at a woman's group shortly after sharing in front of our church community. It's funny, in our testimony I said, "there are times I smile, acknowledging God for what He has done"....  and there He was again, answering my prayer, having us speak His love for us in front of others. I get this incredible sense of "God with us" when things like this happen. A content, loving, peaceful feeling comes over me. Something I know only comes from God.


Today we went into church to a service which also struck a few cords for us. The topic of the service was, "If God is supposed to be good, loving, and sovereign, why is there so much brokenness? How can I put my faith in God when I experience so much pain? Why would God allow it? Where can we find comfort?" I cried though a lot of today's service. Not because I felt mad with God, but because this service seemed to reassure me of God's work in our life right now and that's a pretty emotional spot for me! Here is the link to the service below. I highly recommend listening to this service if you too are experiencing a rough time.


Here is the video we watched before the service: https://vimeo.com/71270296

Here is the service link: https://southridgechurch.ca/inspiration/#messages


This month for Ben has been full of a lot of tests and waiting. These tests have been done to determine whether he will 100% be going in for his liver resection. Basically, MRIs and CTs have been done to see if there has been any progression of cancer in Ben's liver. If there hasn't been any progression, the liver resection will be done. If they find any growth in the liver since January, (Ben has been off chemo since January) we will have to re-evaluate the situation and talk about next steps. Our biggest prayer right now is that this liver resection will take place. We will certainly share the results of these tests as soon as we get them ourselves! Last week Ben also started radiation. Ben will receive a total of 5 radiation treatments, consecutively. The radiation is being done on the tumour in the colon, to contain and minimize it. As of today Ben has completed 2 treatments, the last 3 to finish this week. Ben has tolerated these treatments fairly well. Nausea has been a big side effect. Thankfully there has been some medications Ben can take to help him get through the bouts nauseousness. So, February certainly has been a huge practice in patients for us. Some of these tests have been booked from the beginning of February and only took place this week, so you can imagine our eagerness to know what our next steps are! However, God has really allowed us to be patient and calm while we wait. It reminded me of the bible verse below. 

I am hoping by the end of this coming week or beginning of next week I can come back here and share some good news with you all. Thank you, as always, for the continuous prayer! We have AMAZING people in our lives!
       





No comments:

Post a Comment